Login   |   Register

Tax Day Is Coming

By Gradspot Dot Com

Mark your calendars: Wednesday, April 15. The day on which you contribute to the bailout! Exciting stuff...

Throughout the month, keep an eye out for important tax documents, like a W2 form from your employer, 1099s from any savings and investments you hold, and a 1098-E if you have any student debt. Make sure you hold onto these, because you'll need them when it comes time to file your return.

It is possible to get a six month extension on the filing of your tax return (giving you until October 15), but not on paying your taxes. If you opt for this approach, you'll need to send the approximate amount of money you think you owe, and then you'll be reimbursed if you overpayed (or charged interest if you didn't pay enough). Since we're reminding you now, hopefully you won't need this extension.

Check in throughout the coming months for more tax tips. In the meantime, be sure to read our survival guide on Tackling Taxes.

©2010 Gradspot LLC