Recipe of the Week: The Wickedest Cheese on Toast
You're largin'; it with the lads. You've had a few pints and maybe a few cheeky tequilas, and now it's time for a meal. Should you splash out on a curry? Jog around the corner and grab a burrito? Both of those options are sound, but have you thought about Plan C: cheese on toast? A staple amongst Britain’s poverty-stricken student types, cheese on toast is perfect ending to a night out. And while it’s a remarkably simple dish, it can also be a rare delicacy when prepared correctly.
You will need:
- Thick Slices of Bread
- Strong cheddar cheese (preferable English)
- Worcestershire sauce.
Getting down to business
1) Turn on your broiler and pull out a baking tray.
2) Place slices of bread on the baking tray and toast until desired darkness.
3) Flip the toast and cover the un-toasted side with cheese. Add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce to flavor the proceedings.
4) Pop the toast back under the broiler and cook until the cheese is bubbling and browned a bit on the top.
If you want to get fancy, toss a slice of ham or a tomato under the cheese. Watch this and enjoy!